Academy staff are in a good position to keep a watchful eye on children and to protect them from harm. All Greenfield staff receive training for safeguarding.
Our safeguarding team are listed below, all safeguarding concerns are reported to these individuals who will investigate and take action if necessary –
- Mr P Tooth – Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs K Wright – Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mr Jon Arthur – Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Mrs S Purnell – Safeguarding Team
Safeguarding Mini Leads
- Prevent – Paul Tooth
- Female Genital Mutilation, Child Sexual Exploitation, Children Missing in Education – Katrina Wright
- Mental Health – Sarah Purnell
- Online Safety – Emma Best/ Jonathan Arthur
- Equality, Diversity & Inclusion – Gabriella Jankowskaa
When a concern is raised we will talk to the child in the first instance using the ‘Tell, Explain and Describe’ process. We will contact parents as appropriate. In some situations we will need to inform parents of our requirement to involve outside agencies such as First Response. First Response is operated by qualified social workers who are able to discuss any concerns and offer advice and initiate follow-up if necessary.
We work closely with many different outside agencies, such as First Response, who can offer support to families. We also liaise with the Bristol South safeguarding advisory team and our E-ACT System Leader John Spring advises on Safeguarding and Attendance.
Our full and comprehensive policy for safeguarding can be requested from the academy office or accessed by clicking on the link below:
The links below are some useful sites which also promote safety of children and may support you in knowing who to refer to when reporting a safeguarding incident. They will also show you ways to stay safe online and support you in keeping children safe where you have concerns about different kinds of abuse.
Bristol Safeguarding Children Board
Keeping Children Safe in Education